Richi Plana wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This isn't exactly a Radiator issue, but I'm hoping someone can help. Is
> it possible with standard Radius (or any vendor-proprietary RADIUS
> implementation) to assign an IP address to the NAS interface as well as
> the client interface? The client interface can be done with
> Framed-IP-Address ... what about the NAS side?  hehe .. Would the
> attribute NAS-IP-Address work? (According to RFC 2138, it "is only used in
> Access-Request packets")
>
> Hope someone can help.

Not posible with standard Radius attributes. It is posible in a Cisco
NAS working with virtual-profiles by aaa, because the interface is a
virtual-access interface cloned from a virtual-template and merged with
IOS commands in a Cisco Radius VSA. One of the IOS commands in this VSA
can be "ip address..." or "ip unnumbered...".

This method has no impact on the NAS-IP-Adress, the address will be the
loopback or physical interface IP address where the radius packet is
originated.

I haven't information about this feature in other NAS. I only work with
Cisco. :(

Félix
DATAGRAMA SERVICIOS GLOBALES IP
C/ Acer 30                                       Pho: +34 93 223 00 98
08038 Barcelona ( SPAIN )                        Fax: +34 93 223 12 66
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://www.datagrama.net