We've just change to Radiator, and are very happy with the results, but
have a single remaining access server to change across, which has some
people who authentication using chap on it.

This is how i've tried to set it up with cistron (that we used to use),
but it didn't quite work, which we thought was cistrons chap support
causing the problem.

Is anybody using chap from a cisco 2511, and does this look right ? Also,
each "interface" on the cisco is specifically listed like Async12 below,
surely theres an easier way to do that? (Sorry for being a bit off topic).

TIA

users file
xxx             Password = "xxxxxxx",
                Auth-Type = Local,
                Service-Type = Framed-User
                Framed-IP-Address = x.x.x.x,
                Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
                Framed-Route = "x.x.x.x/24 x.x.x.x 1",
                Framed-Routing = None,
                Idle-Timeout = 0

cisco config
aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default enable
aaa authentication ppp PPP if-needed radius
aaa authentication ppp PPPlocal if-needed local
aaa authorization network radius aaa accounting network wait-start radius
aaa accounting connection start-stop radius

interface Async12
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0
 ip tcp header-compression passive
 encapsulation ppp
 bandwidth 57600
 async mode dedicated
 no cdp enable
 ppp authentication pap PPP
!
interface Group-Async1
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0
 ip tcp header-compression passive
 encapsulation ppp
 bandwidth 57600
 async mode dedicated
 no cdp enable
 ppp authentication chap pap
!

Simon Lindsay                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical Manager                                   Icq.       1485568
The Internet Company Pty. Ltd.           http://www.iweb.net.au/~simon
InterWeb Connections and Portal.net                 Ph. (08) 8221 5444
------- Speed with Service --------                 Fx. (08) 8221 5450