-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Richter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 1999 10:07 PM
To: 'Hugh Irvine'
Subject: RE: (RADIATOR) Disallow EMail Only accounts from logging in
using Radiator wAuthByPLATYPUS

I've
>>enjoyed learning how to work with it.  But before I can put Radiator on my
>>production unit, I'd like to know if anybody else has figured out a slick
>>way to prevent EMail only accounts from authenticating using this Platypus
>>set-up.
>>

>I'm not sure how you would like this to work - could you provide more
>details please?

>If you are trying to have two different classes of users in the same
>Radiator setup, many people set up two IP address pools on their NAS
>equipment (with corresponding filters) and have the two classes of users
>allocated from the two pools.

>hth

>Hugh

Actually, We want to totally prevent email only accounts from authenticating
at all.  We want the parent account to be the only one that will
authenticate.  The only difference in Platypus between the accounts, is the
Rate Group for each.  We have 3 rate groups the should not authenticate
because they are free email only accounts.

Is there anyway to make the Platypus rate group a check item for
authentication?

Kurt Richter