Hi Hugh,
Thanks for your help. But my users of IBM 8235 reside on the device flash not in IBM server, users are created from IBM 8235 management facility software runs on windows 3.11,something like cisco's locally defined user. So how  I define the users filename under  <AuthBy EXTERNAL> tag ? My cisco box is working fine which is currently interacting with Linux Server.

Regards,

Tawrit

At 5:40 PM 26/7/99, Mohammad Tawrit wrote:>Hi,>I have two different
manufacturer's access box (eg. cisco 2511 and IBM>8235 Dial in Access) and
two different set of users. For Cisco, Box users>are on Linux Server (present
radius server) which works fine. For IBM>8235, users are on IBM box.>
>My question is, How can I combine two set of users by using a single radius
>server and two different type of access box ?>There are several ways of
doing this, depending on your exact requirements.You don't specify how you want
to talk to your IBM box (or your Linux boxfor that matter), so I will merely
show an <AuthBy UNIX> and an <AuthByEXTERNAL>.

In the simplest case
you will want something like this:

# Set up a single DEFAULT Realm
<Realm DEFAULT>
# Step through AuthBy's until one Accepts
 AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept# AuthBy on Linux box        <AuthBy UNIX>
  linux box ....        </AuthBy>#AuthBy for IBM box        <AuthBy
EXTERNAL>                IBM box        </AuthBy></Realm>If you
post more detailed requirements, we can refine this further.hthHugh