Thought I might share this as I was having a problem running
Radiator as an NT service using the current instructions. I
was finally able to make things work using the following
modified directions which I integrated from the Srvany
instructions. It basically breaks down the single command
line into several sections.

This starts right after you have installed Srvany.

1. You must now edit the Registry to tell SRVANY which
application to run. Run the Registry Editor
(Regedt32.exe)and locate the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\radiato

1. Create a new key in radiator called Parameters with
Edit->New->Key

2. Select the new Parameters sub-key, create a new string
value of type REG_SZ in Parameters with Edit->New->String
Value. Give it the name "Application"

3. Edit the new Application string value to be the full
command name required to run Radiator. Something like:
"C:\perl\5.00502\bin\perl.exe radiusd"  (without quotes)

4. Create another new string value of type REG_SZ in
Parameters with Edit->New->String Value. Give it the name
"AppParameters"

5. Edit the new AppParameters string value to everything you
would normally
Something like: "-config_file radius.cfg"  (without quotes)

6. Create another new string value of type REG_SZ in
Parameters with Edit->New->String Value. Give it the name
"AppDirectory"

7. Edit the new AppParameters string value to everything you
would normally
Something like: "C:\Radiator-2.11"  (without quotes)

8. Exit the Registry Editor.

9. You can now start the "radiator" service manually using
the Services application in the Control Panel. Check that
its working OK.

10. Restart your NT machine. Radiator should now start
automatically. It might take a minute or two before all NT
services get started at boot time.

For further information, see "HOWTO: Create a User-Defined
Service" at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q137/8/90.a
sp.

You also may want to read the "Srvany.wri" file that
accompanies the "Srvany.exe" in the NT Resource Kit as it
goes into detail about using a LocalSystem account versus an
admin type account.

Michael Jaworski
Puget Sound Network, Inc.
(206) 217-0400