Hi all,

Does anyone have a solution for adding a static ip address to an AuthBy
RADIUS reply ?

Our main radius server is radiator-2.14.  Some of the connections are
authenticated by a downstream radius server using AuthBy RADIUS.  This
is working well.

Some of the connections that are authenticated by the downstream server
need to have static ips assigned.  Rather than trusting the downstream
to assign their own ips, I'd like the assignment to be done by
ourselves, e.g. using a simple AuthBy FILE.

Something like:

radius.cfg:

    <Handler Called-Station-Id=XXXXXXXX>
      AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
      <AuthBy RADIUS>
        Host        host.domain
        Secret      secret
        StripFromReply Framed-IP-Address,Framed-IP-Netmask
      </AuthBy RADIUS>
      <AuthBy FILE>
        Filename    %D/users-other
      </AuthBy FILE>
    </Realm>

users-other:

    xxxx    Service-Type = Framed-User
            Framed-IP-Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

While the above looks fine to my untrained eye, it unfortunately doesn't work...

Does anyone have a solution for this problem ?

Cheers and TIA,

Chris,
OnTheNet