On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Arturo Pina wrote:

> Hi,
> Just to shed some light if I can...
> Michael is meaning that it's not the same to have a single user using
> 2 channels than two  separate users using a channel each one. This
> way he would lose a customer for the price of a 128k dialup access
> might or might not be twice the price of a single access...
> If I recall every major NAS can handle this situation (known as
> Multilink PPP) and I always thought that Radiator did... I should go
> back over to read the Radius RFC but the Port-Limit attribute is
> thought exactly for this situation...

I agree fully, we are facing the same thing here.  We would like to have a
global session limit of 1, and set each user's port-limit to the maximum
number of channels they are alloted, becuase (for us) 128k ISDN (or 112k
multilink analog) is cheaper than two 64k (or 56k) dialups. We have a
one-login-per-computer policy, where a customer is not allowed to log in
from more than one machine at a time.

I am of the opinion that Radiator should if possible recognize a multilink
connection as just one session!

Dave Lloyd              [EMAIL PROTECTED]