Hello Jeremy -

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Our radiator is setup to run in inetd:
>
> radius        dgram   udp     wait    radiator        /usr/local/bin/radiusd
> radiusd       -config_file /usr/local/radiator/etc/radiator.cfg -foreground
>
> # head /usr/local/radiator/etc/radiator.cfg
> #Foreground
> Trace 3
> AuthPort 1645
> AcctPort 1646
> LogDir /usr/local/radiator/logs
> DbDir /usr/local/radiator
> LogFile %L/logfile.%Y%m%d
> DictionaryFile %D/etc/dictionary
> PidFile /var/run/radiator.pid
> #SnmpgetProg /usr/local/bin/snmpget
>
> # ls -l /var/run/radiator.pid
> ls: /var/run/radiator.pid: No such file or directory
>
> # ps auxwwww | grep radiator
> radiator 13441  0.0  6.9  8692 8804  ??  S    11:07AM    0:07.83
> /usr/bin/perl5
> /usr/local/bin/radiusd -config_file /usr/local/radiator/etc/radiator.cfg
> -foreground (radiusd)
>
> Any ideas on how to get the PidFile created whenever radiusd starts?

This is probably a permissions issue with the /var/run directory.

BTW - if you are running a busy site you should probably consider running
Radiator from the system rc files, using something like restartWrapper in the
goodies directory. If you run from inetd, Radiator will have to restart for
every request that comes in, which will seriously degrade performance.

hth