Hello Andrew -

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Andrew Kaplan wrote:
> We are just starting to use Radiator. It is connected to a 3COM access
> server.
>
> Today we were trying to browse the entire msql database for the past month
> of activity. During this procedure which was aborted after 30 minutes many
> of the users were unable to login. The radwho.cgi shows a gap of about
> thirty minutes with no logins. But the logfile shows a few people were able
> to login during this time period.  What's was causing the failed logins?

Sounds like timeouts during the SQL lookups from Radiator, due to contention on
the database caused by the browsing activity.

Check the logfile and/or turn on debugging to verify this, and increase the
timeout on your NAS's if appropriate, or increase the Timeout parameter in your
AuthBy SQL, or do both. Otherwise avoid browsing the database during busy
periods.

hth