Hello Andrew -

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Andrew Kaplan wrote:
> We just started to use Radiator with 3COM's NAS. Occasionally a person get's
> disconnected BUT Radiator still thinks they're connected. Radwho shows the
> person is still connected. The radacct also shows the person is connected.
> We need to bill people for there time unline. How can I correct this serious
> problem.

Radiator (or any radius server) can only go on what Accounting packets are
received from the NAS. Could you run a debug at trace level 4 to ascertain
whether an Accounting Stop was seen by Radiator when the problem occurs? You
may also have to do some packet sniffing on your LAN segments to see whether
the NAS actually generated the Accounting Stop in the first place.

So - 3 possible scenarios:

1. NAS does not generate Stop -> contact 3Com tech support
2. NAS generates Stop but Radiator doesn't receive it -> check your network for
packet loss between the NAS and the Radiator host
3. Radiator receives the Stop but doesn't process it properly -> send us trace
level 4 packet dumps and copies of your configuration files and we will fix the
problem immediately

hth