Hello Ricardo -

On Thu, 07 Oct 1999, Ricardo Guerra wrote:
> Hi!
> Sometimes radiator is'nt receiving the Stop signal and i have a lot of
> fake
> on-line users, is there any wah to tell radiator to check on the NAS
> every
> several minutes for the real on-line users?

The first thing I would do is improve the network connectivity and reduce the
number of lost packets. To enable strict checking of connections you should
configure a SessionDatabase together with NasType in the Clients with the
relevant SNMP, finger, who, or whatever in your NAS's.

Radiator itself will not periodically check the NAS's, although we have heard
of a couple of packages that will do periodic SNMP queries for the same thing
(like MRTG and others).

NOTE FOR ALL READERS WITH ASCEND EQUIPMENT

There is some additional code in Radiator 2.14.1 that will correctly process
Ascend's optional online status messages to accomplish this. Ascend's can be
configured to send periodic announcements to the Radius host listing all active
connections. Radiator 2.14.1 contains some custom code to process these packets
and update the SessionDatabase to remove any zombie entries due to lost Stop
packets.

IMHO this is a *very good* thing, and all vendors should be encouraged to
implement similar schemes. So if you want it - hassle your sales-critter!

cheers