Hello Victor -

On Fri, 08 Oct 1999, Victor Chow wrote:
> >%_Hi,
>
> I am a newbie in radiator, cisco 5300 NAS and isp. Would anyone provide
> me a sample users file with typical attributes for my case. Are the
> attributes Framed-User, Framed-protocol, Ascend-Data-Filter applicable
> to me?

There is a very detailed and complete, annotated users file, called "users" in
the main Radiator distribution directory. There is a similarily complete
Radiator configuration file called "radius.cfg" in the same directory. Both
files contain Cisco-specific examples, as well as many others.

Also note that Cisco has provided varying degrees of Radius support in its IOS
software and you will need to verify the release notes for any special caveats.

The main attribute you require for Cisco's is the Service-Type, which
for dialup PPP is normally:

        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
        Framed-MTU = 1500,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

However there are endless permutations and variations depending on your
specific environment and requirements.

hth