L.S.,

I'm using Radiator (on NT) to authenticate against subsequently a flat file
(with only 10 users) and an LDAP server (using AuthLDAPSDK.pm).
With a tool the following performance is measured:

Only authenticating flat file users
->      44 requests per sec. steady (pushing Radius CPU to its limit)
Authenticating LDAP users in a container with only a few records
->      17 requests per sec. steady (No Radius server limitation)
Authenticating LDAP users in a container with about 150.000 records     ->
7 requests per sec. steady (No Radius server limitation, neither the LDAP
server reaches limits)

It seems that radiator is handling requests sequentially and thus depends on
the speed of the directory server searching its directory. I'm not able to
improve the speed of the directory server as it is a black box to me (yet,
working on it). One other way to speed things up is to have Radiator handle
LDAP authentication requests asynchronous. Questions:

Is handling (LDAP) authentication requests asynchronously possible in Perl?
Is it possible to change Radiator easily to do this or does it need major
reengineering?
Other suggestions to get a better performance with Radiator LDAP
authentication?

With best regards,
        Karel van der Velden

---
Karel van der Velden            | Telephone : +31 50 5851003
KPN Telecom                     | Telefax   : +31 50 5853454
ICT/BPG P&C 2                   | E-mail    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
P.O. Box 188                    | DISCLAIMER: This Statement is not an
official
NL-9700 AD Groningen            | statement from, nor does it  represent an
The Netherlands                 | official position of, KPN Telecom