Hello Steve -

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Steven E. Ames wrote:
> > Would it be possible to modify the way that AuthLDAP handles reply
> > attributes? Right now they are all listed in a singly replyattr
> > attribute. This is unwieldy for a lot of our tools and increases the
> > complexity of the parsing.
> >
> > A better mechanism would be to handle them the same way as SQL is
> > handled. Under SQL you can put up a statement such as:
> >
> >     AuthColumnDef 2, Session-Timeout, reply
>
> Following right behind on this topic... What's the best way to set
> default values for reply attributes and then let a matching user record
> override these defaults?

Mike will have a look at your contribution next week - many thanks!

Probably the best way to do this is with the following patch
(http://www.open.com.au/radiator/downloads/patches-2.14.1/patches.README)

6/9/99 Rolled the AddToReplyIfNotExist.patch into the base code. This code
was contributed by Vincent Gillet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, and implemnets
the AddToReplyIfNotExist parameter, which will append an attribute
to a reply if and only if it the attribute is not already present.
Download AuthGeneric.pm and AttrVal.pm from here.

hth