Hello Cortney -

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999, Cortney Thompson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having a small problem monitoring radius.  I am running radiator on a
> NT 4.0 machine accross ODBC to a SQL 7.0 server.  We are using a monitoring
> system call Inetmapper to monitor radius.  I am not sure if anyone has used
> this before.  Well in its authentication request it does not send a Nasport
> just a Username and Password and IP address.  Well this causes a problem
> because I have our radonline table set to no nulls in the Nasport
> field.  So I am receiving an error in the log each time it tries to check
> the status.  What I want it to do is simply check the Username and Password
> no logging to radonline or to the accounting table.  Just a simple Hi I am
> still up and running.  I have tried a couple of things with no avail, but
> I'm not sure I am on the right track.  Has anyone done something like this
> before?
>

>From your description, I assume Inetmapper is sending a Radius request to
Radiator? If this is the case and you want to do something special for it, you
should set up a special Handler to deal with it. Otherwise, you can also
monitor Radiator from any SNMP monitoring system.

For a special Handler you should do something like this:

# handle Inetmapper requests
# Client definition and Client-Id can use DNS name or IP address
# but both must be the same

<Client inetmapper.your.domain>
        Secret *somesecret*
</Client>

<Handler Client-Id = inetmapper.your.domain>
        <AuthBy FILE>
                Filename %D/inetmapper.user
                SessionDatabase SDB-inetmapper
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

# define a special SessionDatabase for inetmapper Handler
# this SessionDatabase definition must appear before the existing one
# this is because the *last* one defined is used by default for everything else

<SessionDatabase INTERNAL>
        Identifier SDB-inetmapper
</SessionDatabase>

# inetmapper.user file contains whatever for your inetmapper requests

inetmapper  Password = xxxxxx
        Reply-Message = "Hi - I am still up and running!"

The usual caveat applies to Realms and Handlers. Do not mix Realms and Handlers
in the same configuration file. If you are already using Realms, change them to
Handlers like this: <Realm foo.bar>  becomes  <Handler Realm = foo.bar>.

Also keep in mind that Handlers are scanned sequentially, so more restrictive
clauses must preceed less restrictive clauses in the configuration file.

hth