I read in the documentation that it is not normally necessary to set
Forking for the AuthBy File module, because it's usually so fast.

We have a situation here, where we use the pmwho program to query our
NAS's to double-check whether a user is actually logged in or not. Some
of our NAS's at our POP's respond slowly, because they are on slower links,
and this seems to hold up authentication for all queries while Radiator
does this query. Would it help to set the Fork parameter on AuthBy File
in this case?

--
See complete headers for more info