Since signing up to the Radiator mailing list, I've begun to receive
large numbers of unsolicited commercial emails (i.e. SPAM) which have
the (RADIATOR) list identification mark in their titles, for example:

   "Subject: (RADIATOR) INCREASE BUSINESS SALES

   HELLO: THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR 50 MILLION E-MAIL
   ADDRESSES ON  CD-ROM.  IF YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN THIS
   INFORMATION, PLEASE CLICK DELETE. THANK YOU."

Examination of the headers shows:

           by ******.***.**.** with smtp (Exim 1.92 #3)

... that open.com.au machines are involved in the mail forwarding
chain, and that the actual majordomo mailing list is being used to
distribute the spam:

   (8.6.12/8.6.12) id NAA14969 for radiator-list; Thu, 6 Apr 2000
  13:40:25 +1000

It is possible to configure majordomo to request moderation on
postings containing certain keywords. I'd greatly appreciate it if
some efforts were made in that direction...

M.

--
Mark O'Leary, Manchester Computing, UK
PGP Key and Further Details: