I have not investigated this too far yet but I thought it important enough
to alert others of it now...

I have discovered a fault in the setup of /our/ Radiator configuration where
users may successfully authenticate to our SQL database with an INVALID
username.

The error occurs when the user places an apostrophy somewhere in their
username - even though there is not one in their user record on our system,
Radiator will still let them in.  (eg:  Username johnsmith logs in as
johnsmit'h )

The accounting record is written as johnsmit'h so effectively the user does
not get billed for their usage.

We use the standard rewriteusername to strip the realm (RewriteUsername
s/^([^@]+).*/$1/  ) so something could be put into there to strip
apostrophies as well but this is not really a 'solution' (Anyone want to
supply one for now anyway?)

For reference our authselect looks something like this ...  AuthSelect
select PASSWORD from SUBSCRIBERS where USERNAME='%n'

I thought that others may also want to know about this.

Happy Easter!

Brian Morris