Hi James, there were several changes in the LDAP connection handling between
2.13 and 2.16.1, and there is a note in the history file that there is a fix in
2.16.2 for problems with limited file handles which sounds relevant.

Suggest you upgrade to the recent 2.16.3.

Cheers.

On Aug 29, 10:06am, Hugh Irvine wrote:
> Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) Logging stops while server appears to be still wor
>
> Hello James -
>
> The log below appears to show that the LDAP server has stopped
> responding for some reason. I have copied this mail to Mike to see if
> he has any ideas.
>
> regards
>
> Hugh
>

> At 14:36 -0600 28/8/00, James Savoy wrote:
> >Hello everyone,
> >
> >      I am having the same problems that Paul is having.
> >We recently upgraded from Radiator 2.13 on Solaris 2.6
> >to Radiator 2.16.1 on Solaris 2.7. While we have had no
> >problems at all with authentication, our logging seems to
> >quit on us after just a few hours. The logfile consistently
> >ends with:
> >
> >Fri Aug 11 18:00:12 2000: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler
'Realm=DEFAULT'
> >Fri Aug 11 18:00:12 2000: DEBUG: Rewrote user name to pirnae
> >Fri Aug 11 18:00:12 2000: DEBUG:  Deleting session for pirnae, 142.66.14.3,
6
> >Fri Aug 11 18:00:12 2000: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthLDAP
> >Fri Aug 11 18:00:12 2000: DEBUG: Connecting to
> >deimos.online.uleth.ca, port 389
> >
> >Where "pirnae" is one of our users (this is always different)
> >and 142.66.14.3 is the IP of one of our modem pools. The
> >machine "deimos" is where our ldap is located.
> >
> >Our radldap.cfg file (without secrets) looks like this:
> >
> >Foreground
> >Trace 4
> >PidFile /tmp/radiusd.pid
> >AuthPort        1645
> >AcctPort        1646
> >LogDir          .
> >DbDir           .
> >LogFile         %L/radius-user-logfile
> ><Client DEFAULT>
> >         DupInterval 0
> ></Client>
> ><Realm DEFAULT>
> >         RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
> >         RejectHasReason
> >         <AuthBy LDAP>
> >                 Host            deimos.online.uleth.ca
> >                  Port           389
> >                 BaseDN          o=University of Lethbridge, c=CA
> >                 UsernameAttr    uid
> >                 PasswordAttr    ulmodempasswd
> >         </AuthBy>
> ></Realm>
> >
> >Any ideas on what is causing this? Again, we can get by without
> >a fix, but it would be nice to have something in our logs!  Thanks.
> >
> >  - jim savoy -
> >
> >PS We have not applied any of the patches. I read the readme
> >       file in the patch directory and none of the fixes seemed to
> >       apply to our situation.
> >
> >>  I am having a weird problem with Radiator 2.16.1 on Solaris 2.6
> >>
> >>  I am running a split setup using separate Accounting and Authenticating
> >>  servers.
> >>  It looks like the auth server stops logging until killed while still
doing
> >>  authentication.
> >>  The log looks like:
> [...]

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X