Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 5:06 AM
Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) Authby Sql

Hello Ujwol -

Please say hello to everyone at MOS for me, and please tell Sanjib that I am
planning on coming to visit Nepal in October this year.

On Thursday 15 March 2001 23:21, Ujwol wrote:

> > Hi,
>     We're trying to use Authby Sql, after converting linux 6.2 shadow
> password file into MSSQL table by buildsql. But the problem is, we couldn't
> get the users authenticated with this Linux MD5 password encryption. We get
> bad encrypted password result. But it works fine with Standard Unix crypt
> format. Here is the authby clause.
>
> <AuthBy SQL>
>         Identifier      SQL
>         DBSource        dbi:Sybase:RADIATOR
>         DBUsername     abc
>         DBAuth          pwd
>         AuthSelect     select PASSWORD from SUBSCRIBERS where USERNAME=%0
>         AuthColumnDef 0, Encrypted-Password, check
>         FailureBackoffTime      10
> </AuthBy>

The above will not work because you are not using a Unix crypt password with
the "Encrypted-Password" directive.

As long as the Linux MD5 password has the standard prefix ("$1$"), you should
just use the following:

         AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check

Radiator understands all the standard prefixes for passwords.

Have a look at section 13.1.1 in the Radiator 2.18 reference manual.

regards

-