On 05/29/2012 06:39 PM, Edgar Espinoza wrote:
> Thank you both Leigh and Heikki for your responses. Based on the type of
> attributes send back to Alvarion's ASN, the system determines if you are
> working in implicit or explicit mode, see below:

Thanks for the example. Most of the attributes are already in Radiator's
dictionary but do you have documentation about the ones starting with
Alvarion-?

Google finds something, but if you have a definitive source, please let
us know.

> Implicit mode example:
> ionm...@alvarion.ro Cleartext-Password := "1234"
>        Filter-Id = ionm,
>        Session-Timeout = 600,
>        Termination-Action = Radius-Request,
>
> Explicit mode example for one use with 1 IPCS flow and classifier based on
> DSCP 6:
> i...@alvarion.ro Cleartext-Password := "1234"
>         Service-Type = Framed-User,
>         WiMAX-IP-Technology = 3,

Already in dictionary

>         Session-Timeout = 600,
>         Termination-Action = Radius-Request,
>        Alvarion-R3-IF-Name = mgmt,
>        Alvarion-PDFID = 1,

Would need the definitions for the above two.

>        WiMAX-Packet-Data-Flow-Id = 1,
>        WiMAX-Direction = 3,
>        WiMAX-Transport-Type = 1,
>       WiMAX-Uplink-QOS-Id = 1,
>        WiMAX-Downlink-QOS-Id = 1,

These all are carried within WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor and are
already in dictionary. The names are a bit different, no WiMAX prefix in
Radiator's dictionary. Look for WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor in
dictionary and the above are defined there.

With Radiator you would do something like this:

AddToReply WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor =
"Packet-Data-Flow-ID=1,Direction=Bi-Directional,Transport-Type=IPv4-CS,Uplink-QOS-Id=1,Downlink-QOS-Id=1"

That's a static configuration in a configuration file, but you can of
course store this e.g., in a SQL DB.

Additional twist is there's also WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor-V2 which
is defined by a later WiMAX docs and looks similar but has a different
type value :(

The docs should tell which one is needed.

>        Alvarion-WiMAX-Classifier = 0x010301020301040303070518183f,

Would need the definition for this Alvarion attribute too.

>        WiMAX-QoS-Id = 1,
>        WiMAX-Schedule-Type = 2,
>        WiMAX-Traffic-Priority = 1,
>        WiMAX-Maximum-Sustained-Traffic-Rate = 10000

These all are carried within WiMAX-QoS-Descriptor similar to
WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor.

> I already have a server working fine with Alvarion 4M in Implicit mode but I
> require one that works in 'Explicit Mode' to enable additional information
> about a service profile. This new AAA server needs to be able to support
> Alvarion's R3-IF-Descriptor attribute, etc.
>
> If this sounds familiar I would really appreciate any and all configuration
> information.

I think the support in Radiator is already there and we just need to
find out what the Alvarion- attributes are.

Thanks!
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen <h...@open.com.au>