On 13.2.2015 17.59, Bruno Tiago Rodrigues wrote:

> By changing the vendorByNum function at RDict.pm we managed to get it
> working, but it doesn't feel right to be changing the code for something
> that oughta be backwards compatible.

You are correct, that change should not be needed. For example, this
function has not changed since release 4.9

I tried replicating the problem but could not get it to fail. Can you
make sure you are using a radpwtst from Radiator 4.14?

The header in radpwtst has $Id: ...$ string which tells the version of
radpwtst file.

> The release notes mention something about changes on the way Starent
> attributes are handled, but it doesn't make sense, since all we're doing
> is using the dictionary to convert the textual attribute to a attribute
> number, encoding it and sending it through radpwtst. It wasn't supposed
> to be broken.

There's now goodies/dictionary.starent-vsa1 that uses different encoding
for Starent vendor specific attributes. Please see the file for more. In
short: Radiator default dictionary Starent VSAs use the same encoding in
4.9 and 4.14. If there's a need to use alternative encoding, then the
goodies dictionary should be used.

Thanks,
Heikki

--