Hi Heikki, Hi Karl -

Two thoughts on this:

1. you can use the “|” pipe character in the “Filename …” parameter of the <Log
FILE> clause to pipe the log messages to another program directly, together
with LogFormat

2. one can easily imagine a new <Log CUSTOM> clause with a hook as a parameter
to do whatever one might wish, being mindful to limit overhead of course

regards

Hugh

> On 30 Jan 2016, at 04:31, Heikki Vatiainen <h...@open.com.au> wrote:
>
> On 26.1.2016 17.31, Karl Gaissmaier wrote:
>
>> I'm in the process to feed an InfluxDB from RADIATOR logfiles. Much
>> nicer would it be if RADIATOR team would implement:
>>
>> <Log INFLUXDB> with the very simple but effective line protocol over
>> HTTP or at least an generic
>> <Log UDP> with a proper logformat hook done by the users and shipped as
>> goodies.
>
> How about starting with a logformat hook to generate the datapoints in
> the line protocol format and then using, for example, curl to send the
> files to InfluxDB? I'm think about this:
>
> https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v0.9/guides/writing_data/
>
> and 'Writing points from a file' described therein.
>
>> Interested? Have a look at https://blog.haschek.at/post/fc060
>
> Yes, this is very interesting. I looked at the line protocol
> specification and it should be easy to implement with a formatting hook
> for authentication. Accounting should be fairly easy too.
>
> It might be worth considering a seprate log agent to forward the logs to
> InfluxDB (or in genral to other logging, graphing, etc. systems). This
> would separate the duties: radiator would create formatted logs and the
> agent could handle the actual log forwarding.
>
> This would also make it easier to add accounting and debug log
> forwarding too since they can already be formatted when written to files.
>
> If you need help with logformat hook, just let me know. I am interested
> in helping you with this.
>
> Thanks,
> Heikki
>
> --
> Heikki Vatiainen <h...@open.com.au>

> Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory, EAP, TLS,
> TTLS, PEAP, TNC, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, MOTP, HOTP, TOTP,
> DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS,
> NetWare etc.

Hugh Irvine
h...@open.com.au

DIAMETER, SIM, etc.
Full source on Unix, Linux, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, NetWare etc.