Hi,

> On 30 Mar 2016, at 14:55, Hartmaier Alexander
> <alexander.hartma...@t-systems.at> wrote:
>
> we use PEAP-TLS, EAP-PEAP as outer EAP type with EAP-TLS as inner.
> Not sure if the outher EAP-PEAP adds any real security as the Radiator
> cert is the same one for both types as it only hides the transmission of
> the user cert which can be classified like a public key imho.

Ack.

> I've already tuned the EAPTLS_MaxFragmentSize to have as few roundtrips
> as possible (1350 for the outer PEAP and 1300 for the inner EAP-TLS).

Yes, unfortunately beside that the only real option to minimize a delay of an
EAP authentication is to
minimize the round-trips either by sending less certificate data or
by using an EAP method with fewer rounds.

> You see how I calculate the response_time in my email yesterday.

$p->{RecvTime} is set with a time of receive when an Access-Request is
received, so

$message->{response_time} = Radius::Util::timeInterval(
           $p->{RecvTime},
           $p->{RecvTimeMicros}, Radius::Util::getTimeHires());

will calculate a response time only for that Access-Request.

When running Radiator with Trace 4 or 5, a total time for an EAP
authentication can be seen in the log.

E.g.

Wed Mar 30 12:55:58 2016 816812: DEBUG: EAP Success, elapsed time 0.71221

We’ll add a feature, which will allow the total time along with an on-demand
timing to be used through %{...} special format in AuthLogs etc.

BR
--
Tuure Vartiainen <varti...@open.com.au>

NetWare etc.