It's very easy to setup especially with the web-UI .
You can have a whole bunch of different alarms preset even if you don't
use them.

You simply set time and wekdays that your alarm is going to be active,
and finaly choose to activate said alarm if you want it.

Each alrm has an "repeat alarm setting" if that is of I supose it only
run's the alarm once one morning if it's such an alarm or one week if
sheduled every weekday to be in that alarm.

The alarm could play a local file or a radio-channel or a natural sound
or similar.

If you schedule and preset for example 3 alarm with the web-UI one
weekday one Saturday and one Sunday or his or hers alarm.
Then it is very easy to turn them on or of with the ir remote or turn
of all alarms.

Btw Alarms is a per player setting, so squeezecenter (soon to be
squeezeboxserver ) can shedule all your players to different alarms.

I don't know how many alarms you can have, probably more than you ever
need

Note that if any player are synchronized with a player that is
scheduled for an alarm, the alarm is heard in both players.

Or if one theoretically have a couple of beers plays music with with
all 3 players I have, synced . Falls asleep wakes to an interesting
rock'nroll event in my whole apartment :-)

You are to choose how long the alarms is going to be and how long
snooze would be and which volume alarms have, this is the same for all
alarms on that player.

--
Mnyb