Muele;467628 Wrote:

> 1. How does it handle being unplugged and replugged? I.E. does the
> alarms I have set remain in place etc.

Yes. Alarms are stored on the server (except the next scheduled one
which is also stored locally in case the network is lost).

> 2. Similar to the above. How does it handle powersurges and
> networksurges?

All electronics can potentially be damaged by a power surge or
lightning strike. Use a surge protector. I don't know what a
"networksurge" is.

> Will it be able to wake me up in all cases (given electricity is up at
> the time of awakening)?

Yes. If you have the battery pack, you wouldn't even need power to be
on.

> 3. How is it to control in pitch darkness?

Not as good as the Boom IMHO, as the buttons aren't backlit. But
there's some light from the screen - certainly using the knob is no
problem.

> 4. How flexible are the preset-buttons? I would like to add A) a
> sleep-timer-button since Logitech decided not to. B) All albums of a
> given genre for my kindergarden kids to be able to put on kids-music
> themselves (I don't think i can teach them to Browse genre - children,
> roll to the buttom and select "all albums". Then they can choose by
> looking at the familiar album art).

Not sure. Some combo of standard options and custom button mappings can
probably do what you want.

> 5. I know there is no snoozebutton, much to my regret. How is snoozing
> and turning off the alarm done? How easy is it to do it wrong when half
> asleep?

Snooze is I believe a push on the knob. Haven't tried it half asleep
:)

> 6. If I fall asleep, wearing headphones, will the alarm sound from the
> speaker or just the headphones?

Speaker.

--
radish

'HELP ME RAISE MONEY FOR CHILDREN'S CANCER RESEARCH!'
(HTTP://WWW.ADAMREEVE.COM/24IN24/)
http://www.last.fm/user/polymeric