nervoteso wrote:
> actually why should sb devices stop working if i don't disinstall
> LMS???? they should keep working and i could listen to my local music
> stored in nas. it shouldn't depend on internet support! shouldn't it? so
> does the problem exist only for mysqueezebox services??? doesn't it?

All Squeezeboxes will continue to work for local music as long as you
have a SBS/LMS installed on a computer/NAS.

Online music will continue to work as long as Logitech keeps
mysqueezebox.com running and at the moment it sounds like they don't
have any immediate plans to shut that down, quite the opposite actually,
they have unofficially said that they plan to continue maintaining LMS
and mysqueezebox.com for the foreseeable future. My guess is the same as
others, when the warranty period of the last sold Squeezebox Touch
expires we can start to worry that they will shutdown mysqueezebox.com,
but that should be at least 2 years in the future so there is plenty of
time for the community to find alternative solutions before this
happens. So regarding online music, let's start to worry again 2014 if
there still isn't an alternative.