On Sun, Feb 04, 2018 at 03:29:13PM +0000, slartibartfast wrote:

> c...@isbd.net wrote:
> > I have a dead Squeezebox radio, something is dragging the PSU down.
> >
> > After quite a bit of diagnosis I think I have found that Q5 has
> > failed, I'm just hoping that it is cause rather than effect.
> >
> > Q5 is a three terminal semiconductor of some sort, can anyone tell me
> > the device ID or point me at somewhere that can tell me?
> >
> > --
> > Chris Green

> This might help.
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=95865

I'd found that but hadn't read through to the next pages, in one of
the later postings I found "I also had to replace Q5 (?) with marking
"P3A" right above Q3. It is a PNP Transistor (DPLS320A). Mine was blown. "

So it seems that it's a PNP transistor, I can get them from Mouser
(among others) for £0.33 so it's worth a try anyway.

Thank you!

--
Chris Green