mherger wrote:
> > It would be awesome before that point, for Logitech to release the
> code
> > for the radio the way Google releases the code for Android.  As an
> open
> > source project, it would bring a tremendous amount of good will and
> cost
> > Logitech nothing.
>
> https://github.com/Logitech/squeezeplay/
>
> It's the basis of JiveLite etc.
>
> That said: code and data licensed from third parties (codecs, wlan
> drivers etc.) are NOT part of this repository.
>
> > The local LMS solution works great except that it is not easy or
> > recommended expose that server to the radio when the radio is not on
> the
> > home network.  It would be great to cache key data so that the radio
> > still works when the server is not available.
>
> You don't have to expose your radio or anything to use it. It's running
>
> in your network. Connect your radio to it.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Awesome that that code was released! Absolutely awesome!

I mean when traveling to visit friends, go on vacation or travel on
business, the radio will not see the LMS because the LMS is not exposed
to it when the radio is on the public internet rather than the home
network... that means that the radio will be useless outside the home if
mysq.com goes dark.