So no SSH = no manual procedure either :( I'm completely stuck until the
logitech colleagues fix the cloud server that allows UE->SB upgrade :(

I thought this was about a spare unit? Why the urgency?...

You're in the US, aren't you? Can you manipulate your DNS, or set up some local DNS to re-direct your device to where I tell you? The problem is that the Radio would try to connect to config.logitechmusic.com, which in the US currently is down. But if you could redirect it to the EU system, it might work.

--

Michael