How bizarre... Somebody suffering the exact same problem with their SB
Radio as me and looking for an answer at the same time!

My battery, I bought it a few years ago (couple?)

Cameron Sino; Model CS-LSR533RC; Part No: HRMR15/51

I've pulled the cover off the battery to test the cell voltages, all the
cells seemed to show what I understand to be good voltages (1.2 v?):
01- 1.276
02- 1.262
03- 1.293
04- 1.276
05- 1.298
06- 1.270
07- 1.291
08- 1.300
09- 1.292
10- 1.300

T  12.858

Measuring the voltages off the plug contacts I get:
Bl-Gr: 3.82 V
Bl-Br: 7.69 V
Bl-Rd: 12.84 V

The Diagonistics Power read out is:
Battery temperature
17.2 C
Battery voltage
13.1 V
Battery vmon1
3.8 V
Battery vmon2
7.5 V

When I turned it on following the battery being out of a few days (while
I probed it) it showed charged for a short period before it shows fully
charged, and has since.  (When I turned it back on after making the
above checks, it went straight to fully charged.)

Like Sb42, I really would like to know if it's the charging circuit or
the battery - but, don't know how.  I built my own battery before this
back in 2011 which lasted for a good 5 years...

Thanks for any pointers anyone has.

(BTW, what's the MSP version?  Version number 1598)