Argh!  After a recent system update, my Touch updated its firmware and I
was back to the unpatched Fallback Alarm.  And did not I know it when
the disco beat hit me at full blast.  So I spent hours googling around,
for I had lost the bookmark from when I originally patched it years ago.
Finally I found it again here.  So I thought I add a post to summarize
from this thread the steps necessary on Windows 10 to drop the volume:

To enable access on the Touch (cf post #4):
Home > Settings > Advanced > Remote Login > Enable SSH

the Touch will reveal its IP, eg 192.168.1.42

To access the thus enabled Touch from Windows 10, from the CMD shell
run:
ssh -oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 -caes128-cbc
[email protected]

Once logged into the Touch (cf post #1)
# cd /usr/share/jive/applets/AlarmSnooze
# vi AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua

When inside the vi editor, scroll down (or type "/soundFall" ENTER) to 

function soundFallbackAlarm(self)
log:warn("*** Alarm: soundFallbackAlarm()")
self.alarmVolume = 43 -- forget fade in stuff, just do it - it's
an alarm!
-- cache previous volume setting

Navigate to the 43, DEL DEL. 
Press "i" to insert your preferred volume level (eg 12).  ESC.  You
should now have eg

self.alarmVolume = 12 -- forget fade in stuff, just do it - it's
an alarm!

Enter ":wq" to write the file and quit.
# exit

PS:  I cannot understand why after all these years this volume parameter
has not made it into the Settings/Players/Advanced in LMS.  This is
really an arcane procedure to patch a volume level.


------------------------------------------------------------------------
ovonrein's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=2130
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=77403

_______________________________________________
Radio mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/mailman/listinfo/radio

Reply via email to