mrw wrote:
> I will be re-issuing it with the "new, tweaked" 30 and 50 buffer sizes.
> I'll have a look to see if one can prevent "double installation" where
> it has already been included in a firmware.
> For what it's worth, 29,999 and 49,999 also work just fine, pointing to
> an integer rounding issue at this particular sample rate (22,050). Using
> 29,991 and 49,990 gives a bit of headroom.

It doesn't make sense to have the applet in the firmware, if it means
changes to support both cases.  It's easy enough to install if needed.
I won't include it unless you agree we should.

mrw wrote:
> I was wondering about the status of, for example, the dsp component.

If it turns out that the dsp module stops distribution, then perhaps
implementing something similiar with the 'caps'
(http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html) and 'alsa equalizer'
(https://github.com/raedwulf/alsaequal) pairing like we have in
piCoreplayer could be an option.

mrw wrote:
> LMS presents the existing firmware binary (7.7.3) as a "Forced" update.
> I discovered that, without the additional changes in 7.8, we would
> always be presented with an upgrade (to 7.7.3) if the Radio reports
> itself as 7.8.0. That probably underlies at least some of the changes
> (and logging traces) that you observed.

Provided the newer firmware resides in the cache/updates folder on the
local lms server(s) the radio does not prompt to downgrade the firmware
on switching between local servers.  I haven't tried mysb.com with 7.8
yet.

mrw wrote:
> Don't overlook linuxrc. I haven't looked, yet.

Thanks.  Yes, there's a lot happening in that script.  I modified
linuxrc recently to fix the error logged when connecting to the radio
via ssh.

Code:
--------------------
    Feb 15 15:40:06 dropbear[822]: lastlog_perform_login: Couldn't stat
/var/log/lastlog: No such file or directory
  Feb 15 15:40:06 dropbear[822]: lastlog_openseek: /var/log/lastlog is not a
file or directory!
--------------------

mrw wrote:
> So far, so good. But I have yet to test the specific Alarm issues that
> were addressed.
My radio alarm has worked the last two mornings, so at least what used
to work still seems to be okay. I haven't tested the changes yet either.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.