gordonb3 wrote:
> Yeah... The sources appear to be pretty messed up. Running a native
> build I'm seeing the weirdest errors pop up, including ones that appear
> to indicate that they are supposed to be built with at least version 4.6
> of the GNU C compiler, but that doesn't fit the source's dates and would
> likely also cause issues with the libc version in the players.
>
> What compiler version do you use for the community edition?

I use the cross compiler version included with the bitbake/poky 3.1
build system.

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc (Sourcery G++ Lite 2010q1-202) 4.4.1
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.

I'm running a Ubuntu 10.4.04 i386 VM which was the OS recommended by the
slimdevices developers at the time.

The jive hardware uses libc 2.11.1.

ldconfig (Sourcery G++ Lite 2010q1-202) 2.11.1
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.
Written by Andreas Jaeger.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.