At Kinesis we build software that enables sustainable and liveable cities.
We’re looking for someone to join our team of 6 developers and help build
software that makes a difference to the environment and to the lives of
city dwellers.

We have several single page app products (EmberJS, Rails, Django and
PostgreSQL), plus we are exploring more advanced mathematical modelling and
algorithms in new products.

This opportunity will be focussed on contributing to our products at all
layers of the stack, and if you are not already familiar, learn the latest
in delivering beautiful, native-like experiences on the web with
JavaScript. You'll be able to work all the way from product design to
architecture and code, and as the team is small enough, you will be making
a significant contribution.

The development team is agile and co-located, with daily stand-ups, kanban
wall, retrospectives and pairing as appropriate. There is a strong
automation culture, with automated testing and continuous integration for
both our applications and infrastructure.

Some skills we're looking for:

Ruby / Ruby on Rails or Python / Django (solid experience in both even
better)
Automated testing (unit, integration, end-to-end etc)
Good communication skills

Bonus points for:
* Worked in a team with an agile process or would like to
* Comfortable with pair programming as needed
* EmberJS or similar SPA JavaScript frameworks (AngularJS, React, etc)
* Advanced SQL with PostgreSQL
* Degree in Computer Science or equivalent

We are based in Sydney, in a newly renovated office close to Wynyard. We
believe in a good work/life balance, and encourage and subsidise
environment friendly travel (we pay for your train ticket or bike after
probation).

Full time; On site; No recruiters please.

Salary is market rate, depending on skills and experience.

Contact:
Chris or James
hr+r...@kinesis.org
(this just goes to 2 devs, we don't have a HR department)