DESCRIPTION

We're Australia’s largest online art marketplace with a mission to help
Australian artist's sell more art to collectors. This is a fantastic
opportunity for an experienced RoR developer to build out the best art
marketplace, and make a real impact on the 8,000+ artists who rely on us to
help sell their art.

We’re a venture backed start-up and the now the largest art marketplace in
Australia. We won South Start 2016, best Retail App 2015 at Australian App
awards, Australia's best creative startup in 2015 and generally aim to
build awesome tools for our community of artists and art collectors. We're
also trying to help Australia's remote and Indigenous artists with our new
set of tools for art centres:
https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2...
<https://workable.com/nr?l=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fsustainable-business%2F2017%2Fmay%2F22%2Fethical-art-how-online-entrepreneurs-are-selling-indigenous-artists-to-the-world>

We’re a small team of 14 distributed across Adelaide, Melbourne and abroad.
We pride ourselves on our workplace culture as friendly, team orientated
and focused on building the best technology for connecting artists and art
collectors.
REQUIREMENTS

*What the role will focus on*

   - Full stack Ruby on Rails development of new features Bluethumb
   - JSON API improvements and development for our iOS and Android apps
   - Code reviews of our other developers commits, and suggesting
   improvements
   - UI implementation of new features
   - Bug fixing and Support
   - Mentorship of junior developers

*What you will bring to the role*

   - 5+ years’ experience in Full-Stack Ruby on Rails development
   - Passion for excellent UX for all things web and mobile
   - Experience using Git version control
   - Great communication (we use Github, Slack and Trello)
   - Friendly, with an interest in the latest tech, and a passion for
   learning

*Desirable but not essential*

   - Start up experience in any capacity
   - Experience with online marketplaces or e-commerce

BENEFITS

*Why Join Bluethumb*

   - We’re on a mission to help artists become career artists.
   - This is a leadership position with autonomy to set the direction of
   what is built across whole platform.
   - We’ve growing at 250% annually so it’s a unique chance to get real
   experience in a fast growing start up.
   - Work on cool projects this year including; Machine Learning and Data
   Visualisation.
   - A friendly, supportive team across SA and Victoria.
   - Work with one Australia's top UX/Product Leads.

*The Nuts and Bolts*

Location: Majoran, Adelaide

Role: Full time

Remuneration: Pay based on experience