> Maybe bundler is smart enough to manage all of that though, I am just not
sure.

It is, give it a go :) I've been doing this for years on multiple projects,
it's really nice to not depend on rubygems, especially so if you rely
heavily on gems checked out from source code branches  – you're shielded
from upstream rebases, people deleting their stuff and all that, and your
deploys run happily even when rubygems are down.

> Is there any way you can share the Dockerfile with us?

sure, I'll ping you directly a bit later today

--
With best regards,
Oleg Ivanov.