I use brcdvcs type

2 6940 and 2 6740 in a stack

rancid.types.conf:

# Brocade VCS 10g/40g
brcdvcs;script;rancid -t brcdvcs
brcdvcs;login;a10login
brcdvcs;module;brocade
brcdvcs;inloop;brocade::inloop
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowVersion;show version all-partitions
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowLicense;show license
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowRasLicense;show logging raslog rbridge-id 11
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowRasLicense;show logging raslog rbridge-id 12
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowVcs;show vcs detail
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowVlan;show vlan brief
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowSnapshots;show config snapshot rbridge-id 1
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowFabric;show virtual-fabric status
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowFabric;show fabric all
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowSupport;show support
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowMonitor;show system monitor
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowConfig;show running-config

(you'll want to change your rbridge-ids appropriately)

On 2/22/2018 9:34 PM, heasley wrote:
> Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 08:14:35PM +0000, Andrew Meyer:
>> I have 4 Brocade VDX 6740 switches that I am trying to add to RANCiD.  Has
>> anyone gotten these to work?  I'm trying to write documentation so I can
>> repeat this in the future.
>>
>> This is what I have found so far.  But I'm running this on FreeBSD 11.1.
>> I'm ok if I need to patch it.  Just loooking for the right way to add this
>> to the system or patch it.
>>

>> http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2017-April/009534.html
>>
>> https://community.brocade.com/t5/Ethernet-Fabric-VDX-CNA/Automatic-backup-for-brocade-VDX-Switches/td-p/84924
>> https://webclient.obs.j0ke.net/package/view_file/server:monitoring/rancid-stable/rancid.types.conf
>>
>> https://www.forwardingplane.net/2012/11/vdxrancid-contrib-scripts/
>>
>> http://www.dmcservicescorp.com/?p=2064
> you havent told us what version of rancid.  are you trying to add some
> other script because type foundry doesnt work for the device?  this
> page is accurate and/or see section 4 of the rancid FAQ
>
>> https://tobru.ch/backup-brocade-router-config-with-rancid/

Doug Hughes
Keystone NAP
Fairless Hills, PA