Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 03:36:20PM +0000, Piegorsch, Weylin William:
>     send -h "exit\r"
>
> I changed that line to '   send -h "logout\r"   ', and now I'm getting a
> clean logout.  Wlogin from 3.8 seems to fix this from reading through
> wlogin.in (I couldn't fudge things to get wlogin-3.8 to work and still use
> the rest of the 3.4.1 files).

that is right.  if you installed 3.4.1 from source, you can probably just
copy wlogin.in from 3.8 over that of 3.4.1, build and install.

> In addition to catching these two -re match blocks in run_commands (I
> actually need both, it wouldn't work at all when I tried to combine them),
> that seems to have cleared up all the issues I have....
>
>            -re "^--More or .*"                 { send " "
>                                                   exp_continue
>                                                 }
>             -re "^--More-- .*"                  { send " "
>                                                   exp_continue
>                                                 }

3.8 has versions of these; it is not clear to me if you are saying that
you added these to 3.8, or if you needed them in addition to what is in
3.8.

> ...with the exception of “if (!$clean_run || !$found_end)”.  For some reason
> I don’t understand, I keep getting “End of run not found”. I’ve attached .raw
> and .new files following an execution of “NOPIPE=YES rancid -d -t cisco-wlc5
> <device>”.  I’m guessing it’s somehow related to how the session closes, but
> that’s a 100% guess. Any idea how I can resolve?

i'll look.