I would propose that libhistory support becomes default again, as one
aspect of this option is highly usable; The history built-in to ratpoison
is great, but when you have a bunch of entries, then it's pretty useless
without libhistory support, because it makes no sense to cycle through past
comands countless times(it's quicker to type it new then), where with
libhistory support, you can search in your history with
!<first-few-letters-of-some-entry-in-history>. When working in terminals,
then who cycles through countless commands, instead of having a shortcut
defined for searching through history, e.g. type a few letters and press
arrow up, and this is archievable in ratpoison too, when using !foo when
libhistory support is enabled.

When I first found ratpoison had a history then I thought it was great, but
after looking at how to search in said history, which wasen't available by
default, then I got discouraged. libhistory is available in all gnu based
systems anyways.

Thanks.