Looking into RAUC for a customer project, I decided to go with git HEAD
instead of the last official release.

The "Christmas present" release 1.0 was tagged on 20.12.2018.
Since then, some 57 commits came in. A few of them I'd like to have.

Now, while I am comfortable with referring to some git commit id,
project managers and software department heads are not (always).

Might I suggest a more regular version tagging policy ?
Like every few months latest, or rather when it makes some sense.
Doesn't need to be that regular like ptxdist or barebox, but still...

We all know the technical value of version numbers, and their apparent
promise of stability, yes. But from a "product selling" point of view,
I'm sure it would do more good than harm to RAUC as a project.

Thanks for providing this great piece of concept and software,
  Andreas

--

carpe noctem engineering
Ingenieurbuero fuer Hard- & Software-Entwicklung Andreas Pretzsch