On 1/25/2022 3:25 AM, Jan Lübbe wrote:
Hi Charles,

On Sat, 2022-01-22 at 07:23 -0600, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:

Also, as I am new to both RAUC and Buildroot, I would appreciate any
review and suggestions for improvement or changes.

Neither Enrico or myself are familiar with Buildroot, perhaps you'd find someone
in #rauc on libera.chat (or #rauc:matrix.org) for feedback.

Will you keep maintaining this example over time (i.e. with new buildroot/rauc
releases)? If so, perhaps we could link if from the readme and integration
chapters.

That is the intent, but it's probably not _quite_ ready to be linked as more than an example. I'm still working through testing corner cases and trying to get the hardware watchdog timer running.

The project is a Buildroot external tree, so it can be used easily with any recent version of Buildroot. As RAUC is included with Buildroot, it will be updated along with the rest of the system when migrating to a newer version (eg: the upcoming stable release in Feb.).

Currently the only thing pinned down to a specific version is the Linux kernel, which is built from a git hash copied from the Buildroot RPi default configs which won't automatically get updated. I'm looking at a way to use a config fragment along with the Buildroot default configs so it's easier to update but haven't sorted out the details.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net