Hello RAUC company!

I'm Manuel Duran Flores, and I'm starting with the whole Yocto Project environment and the whole world of Embedded Linux and OTA updates. I found your website and I'm fascinated, congratulations for your work! At the moment it is the best source of information I have seen about OTA updates.

I am working with a IMx6 NXP processor and I need to implement an OTA delta update solution. After reading a lot about different solutions, I realized which RAUC could be the best option for me, but I  really need help and I wonder if you can give me a little support.

OK, first of all, if I understood properly /Saving Download Bandwidth with RAUC Adaptive Updates /article, the adaptive update process could be enumerated in a summarized (and very simple) way by the following steps:
//

1. We have an new image in whatever server and I want to performance an
   OTA adaptive update of my local image .
2. RAUC generates the block hash index file that consists on the list
   of all the chunks of the new image.
3. Now we have the bundle created in remote. *Is that true? *(The image
   plus the block hash index)*
   *
4. So, RAUC downloads the block hash index file and then performs the
   hashing and chunking operation in active and inactive slot, and
   generates the corresponding block hash index file of each one. *Why
   are these operations performed in both slots? That is, active slot
   is working properly but with an old version of my software. So I
   understand that I will have to change this by the updated in the
   inactive slot, that is to say, the update will have to be done in
   the inactive slot, and when it finishes properly, I reboot my systm
   to the inactive slot. Why am I wrong? (Probably this is the most
   important question).*
5. **Then RAUC compares the first downloaded block hash index file with
   the obtained of each slot following the order that figures in the
   image of the article.  If some of them are different, then will be
   downloaded. *1. Could be an error in the order? If you see the image
   the order is different than in the text. 2.If a chunk of the active
   slot has to be downloaded and installed,  does the system stop
   working until installation finalizes?*

That is my idea of all the process, but I have to be wrong in something.

And last question: I am working with a NAND memory, does it mean that RAUC  can not be implemented?

I hope you can help me.

Many thanks and congrats for you work once again.

Kind regards,

Manuel