Jules wrote:
> hi,
>
> i've been using amavisd-new (1:2.4.2), spamassassin (3.1.7-2), razor2
> (2.810-2) on etch for a couple of weeks.  i'm only interested in razor
> checks and i want anything with a CF of 50 or more to get marked as
> spam.
>
> how do i turn off all the other sa checks and use razor2 only and
> change the score.  amavis complicates everything in this equation
> because i'm not sure which parameters are taken from spamassassin's
> local.cf and which from amavisd configs.
>
> i've set "score RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 5.0" in sa's local.cf and made
> the kill threshold 5.0 in amavis.  but i'm just about out of hair
> having pulled it all out trying to understand how it all works
> together.  googling around for the last few weeks has not taught me
> much except that it's all like friggin magic.
>
> as stated in the first paragraph.  i just want sa to act as an agent
> for razor, have razor run its check and if razor thinks it's spam,
> that's good enough for me.  i don't need bayes, header checks, and all
> that other foo...

I don't think what you want to do is reasonable: you want to disable the
core functions of spamassassin and only run the razor plugin.  It's
probably possible by deleting all the spamassassin rules, but if you
don't want the core spamassassin functionality, why use spamassassin at
all?  I would suggest calling razor-check directly and rejecting based
on the output.

For example, the following command returns the the confidence level:

cat <email> | razor-check -d | grep "Is spam" | sed 's/.* cf

Then you can reject based on the returned value.  You might want to try
the Amavis mailing list to integrate properly.

--
Chris Purves

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body." - C. S. Lewis