From: rbase-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:rbase-l@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Brad Davidson
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:06 AM
To: rbase-l@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RBASE-L] - RE: At my wits end

Dan,

Similar to your recent experience, running a compiled app in our 30 user LAN,
we were getting the “cannot start application” or “cannot connect to database”
errors since upgrading to RBGXE several months ago.

Only a couple of instances of receiving this message did I find a corrupted
database, and could not trace why/how the corruption occurred.

Since I perform a mid-workday DB optimization (unload/run) and backup routine
each business day (DB not available to users for ½ hour), I have eliminated
recurrence of the error messages by not just closing open files via computer
management on my DB server, but, also disconnecting all sessions on this
particular server (no DHCP or Domain controller services, only serving our DB)
– BEFORE – performing optimization and backup routine. Similarly, doing the
same each evening (end of day use of DB).

I understand not all environs would allow the process I employ, and not sure if
the actions I perform are not anecdotal to something else which may be causing
this issue, but, this works for me in reducing the user errors in running the
compiled app I’ve programmed.

Not sure if any of this helps, Dan, for what it’s worth…

Brad Davidson
CIO, Director
Aero-Craft Hydraulics, Inc.
[http://www.aero-craft.com/image/108353241_scaled_1500x274.png]