From: rbase-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:rbase-l@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Claudine Robbins
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2017 5:29 PM
To: rbase-l@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [RBASE-L] - ERASE filespec

Buddy, et al… and Javier,

I think I have figured it out.  The files in question are pdfs.  I’m using a
form Javier created and it has two “viewing” button options for the pdf file
being viewed and replaced, one to view in Adobe Reader and one to view in PDF
viewer.  I wondered about that Javier but never asked…

This afternoon, after finding out online that pdfs cannot be overwritten after
being opened because the system sees them as being “in use” (indeed, sometimes
there are multiple tabs in the Adobe reader, so they do stay active), I tested
using the PDF viewer button in my form.

And guess what, that works reliably, every time…

So thank you to everyone who tried to help me figure this out.  And, most of
all, thank you Javier!

Claudine J