Steve's analysis is good in a lot of cases, but this one is different. I
received the email purporting to be from Javier. Javier was not in my
contacts list at the time, and I was not in his. So changing our email
passwords will not stop this particular exploit.

What we have in common is that we are both on past and present R:BASE
lists. Same with the late Bob Castanaro and Claudine. The use of Bob's
email address makes it look like it was an older email list that was
harvested at some time in the past.

Just be alert. It looks suspicious anyway.

And also watch out for a bogus invitation to a "Google Doc" that asks for
permission to manage your emails. That's a deadly one that uses actual
Google permissions, but can wreak havoc. Google may have already clamped it
closed,

Bill