Paul,

    I created my own SQL Server database, so none of the columns have “dbo” in
front of them

  SQL Server Table Name -    dbo.Tablename

  I would sattach it as dbo.Tablename another sattach as alias dboTablename

  When all I want to do is get a count or get a distinct column would do this

    SELECT DISTINCT(columnName) FROM dboTablename

   When doing an INSERT from R:Base to SQL Server Table I would

    INSERT INTO `dbo.Tablename` (columnList) SELECT columnList FROM R:BaseTable

  I’m also connecting to the SQL Server database using the DSNless string and
not the ODBC connection.

Buddy