You need to setup the printers on the server that hosts the remote sessions.

Dan Goldberg

From: rbase-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:rbase-l@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Dawn Hast
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 9:59 AM
To: rbase-l@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RBASE-L] - Printers not being detected

This is not an R:Base issue - but a question on what R:Base is doing in
relation to printers.  I know it always detects the printers on start up and
uses the windows default printer as its default unless changed.  But when is
"on startup"?

Scenario -
R:Compiled application running on a application server.
Users have remote sessions on the server running the shortcut.  (So in reality,
the 'local' machine is not in the equation as far as R:Base is concerned I
think.)
All local printers are 'redirected' to the server.

Issue - no printers detected.

At what point does R:Base (using R:Compiled app) detect the available printers?
 The hardware / network guys are thinking that the R:Base application is
launching too fast, and the redirected printers are not done populating.  When
the main menu opens, there are no printers defined, and no default printer.  I
added a button to the main menu that launches 'prnsetup', but sometimes when
they click it, there are no printers listed at all.

I was thinking about adding some wait time in the start up file, but I didn't
know if that's even too late not knowing when the printers are actually
detected.  Or maybe using cval to find if any printers are detected before the
main menu launches.  Would CVAL('PRINTERS') return null if no printers were
detected at all?  If it's null, I could alert the users and force an exit /
restart.

rbase-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:rbase-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.