Paul,
The super view idea is a conditional yes. It all depends on tables and views
involved.
One key idea to remember is that the order of selection is VERY important.
The selection of tble actions should proceed from the most restricted selection
(seleccts the smallest number of records) to the least restricted. The idea is
if you start with the smallest number of records each subsequent addition to
the sequence will return fewer records. Remember to consider using nested INNER
and OUTER JOINS. until the nesting of joins was introduced I had as you do a
series of selection using views of views. Now I have reduced them to "super
views" for better performance.

Jim Bentley, American Celiac Society 1-504-305-2968

    On Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 2:59:51 PM CDT, Paul C. Buckley

Good afternoon,

I’m using the latest version of R:BASE X Enterprise. I’ve got multiple SQL
tables from a SQL database sattached. I’m creating multiple views from a
combination of attached SQL tables and R:BASE tables. Each is a view linking
the previous view and another table/view or 2. The performance on using the
final eighth view is getting very sluggish. I’m wondering if it’s worth the
effort to create a single “super view” that contains all the tables & views and
various where clauses.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Buckley